COVID-19 UpdateFriday, July 10, 2020 | 11:00 a.m.
COVID-19 Notice on GOMO Website
At GOMO Travel, the safety and well-being of our travelers and Travel Companions is always our top priority. We are actively monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are taking steps to help keep our travelers and Travel Companions safe.
- Any GOMO Travel Companion or staff member diagnosed with COVID-19, exhibiting flu-like symptoms or exposed to anyone infected with COVID-19 (including exposure in a high-risk country) is directed to seek immediate medical attention and/or self-quarantine, as the case may be, and will be required provide proof of a negative test prior to returning to work.
- Cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning. Disinfecting surfaces is one key way to minimize the spread of viruses. We are intensifying our regular vehicle cleaning procedures by making sure all door handles, arm-rests, seatbelts, seats, dashboard areas, touchscreen displays and all other touch-able surfaces are given an extra cleanse using disinfectant wipes and/or sprays. We also ensure hand-sanitizers are available on each travel vehicle for use by our staff and our valued travelers.
- We provide hand-sanitizer, gloves and other protective equipment to our staff as needed, particularly for those Travel Companions who engage directly with travelers.
- Most likely, dementia does not increase risk for COVID-19; however, dementia-related behaviors, increased age and common health conditions that often accompany dementia may increase risk. For example, people with Alzheimer's disease and all other dementia may forget to wash their hands or take other recommended precautions to prevent illness. Also, diseases like COVID-19 and the flu may worsen cognitive impairment due to dementia. That’s why for our travelers with dementia, we think ahead for them and stay in close contact with their caregivers to check on their condition and concerns to make sure all of their travel needs are taken care of during the COVID-19 crisis.
- We closely monitor regular updates from the CDC and the Florida Department of Health and we regularly share this guidance with our staff, including:
- Following simple personal hygiene including frequent hand washing and not touching your eyes, nose or mouth as this is essential to minimizing the spread of the COVID-19 and other viruses.
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home when you are sick; work from home.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
For more information contact:
Florida Department of Health - COVID 24-hr Hotline 1-866-779-6121 (COVIDemail@example.com)
Center For Disease Control: 1-800-CDC-INFO 1-800-232-4636 (www.cdc.gov)